Champion reader/user competition Prize Draw - Terms and Conditions.
1. By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
2. The prize draw is being run by Champion Media Group (Waypride Ltd) and Victoria Leisure (Saltarch Trading Ltd)
3. The prize draw is open to entrants over 18 years of age.
4. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
5. A maximum of one entry per individual is permitted.
6. The prize draw is free to enter.
How to enter
7. The prize draw will include readers of Champion newspapers and associated products and services and general members of the public on correct and accurate entries received by Monday 7th September 2020. Entries after that date will not be included in the draw.
9. Champion Media Group (Waypride Ltd) and Victoria Leisure (Saltarch Trading Ltd) will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
10. The prize memberships will be one month from the date of registration at Victoria Leisure Reception.
11. All winners will be requested to give a short survey and feedback sheet or online submission on their experience at Victoria Leisure.
12. The first 10 correct entries randomly selected will be notified. All other correct entries will receive a 10% discount code valid until 31st October.
13. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
14. We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if
circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
15. The decision of Champion Media Group and Victoria Leisure regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
16. The winner will be notified after 14 September 2020 and within 7 days, via the email or telephone number provided during the entry process.
17. Champion Media Group and Victoria Leisure, will attempt to contact the winner by email or phone up to two times.
18. If the winner does not respond to the emails notifying them of their win within 14 days of the second email, they will lose their right to the prize, and Champion Media Group and Victoria Leisure reserve the right to choose and notify a new winner.
Receipt of the prize
19. Please allow up to 7 days for delivery of the prize or alternative collection or delivery arrangements may be made through mutual agreement.
Data protection and publicity
20. You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by Champion Media Group and Victoria Leisure for the purposes of administering the prize draw, and for those purposes as defined within our privacy notice.
21. All entrants may apply for details of the winning participant by contacting us at email@example.com
22. The winner agrees to the release of their first name to any other prize draw participants if requested by Champion Newspapers and Victoria Leisure
23. An announcement of the 10 winners names will be made via Champion Media Group and Victoria Leisure’s normal media outlets
24. Registration details provided shall be used in accordance with Champion Media Group and Victoria Leisure Privacy Notice.
Limitation of Liability
25. Champion Media Group and Victoria Leisure do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize.
26. Champion Media Group and Victoria Leisure do not provide any form of additional support for this prize. On receipt, all winners will benefit from Victoria Leisure’s usual briefing and onboarding procedures with health & safety guidelines for new members.
27. Champion Media Group and Victoria Leisure reserve the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
28. The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any
disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Take a look at our approach - our booking system is working really well.
Victoria Leisure Club Terms & Conditions
SEE 9.2 on selected promotions '50% now / 50% later' when featured.
1.1. Your membership will begin on the day you join.
1.2. When paying by Direct Debit, an initial payment will be required to cover the period up to your first DD payment.
1.3. Your membership is personal to you. You cannot transfer it to another person.
1.4. If Victoria Leisure Club or the bank/building society makes a mistake with your direct debit payment you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your bank/building society.
2.1. You must pay a monthly membership which will be determined by your chosen membership package.
2.2. Monthly instalments will be due on either the 1st, 8th, 15th or 25th of each calendar month or the next available working day by Direct Debit.
2.3. We may change the amount of your monthly payments. If we do we will write to you at the address you have given us 14 days before the changes take place.
2.4. Monthly fees are payable even if you do not use the centre.
2.5. Any specified Joining or Admin' fees are separate e.g. A single payment 12 months membership is 'the membership only' upfront. Monthly payment deals are also 'the membership only'.
2.6 We do not offer refunds on membership fees paid either by direct debit or upfront.
2.7 'Non-usage of membership does not constitute reason for any fees paid, either by single payment upfront or by direct debit being refunded'
3. Cancelling Your Membership
3.1. Memberships cannot be cancelled prior to the agreed contract length that you have signed up for and the last payment has been made. A contract may be cancelled once the final payment has been made; this requires 30 days’ notice in writing to Victoria Leisure, Monthly direct debit payments will continue after the initial contract period until cancelled by giving 30 days’ notice
4. Centre Rules.
4.1. You must comply with the centre rules/etiquette which forms part of this agreement.
4.2. We may change the rules/etiquette at any time. We will post notice of any changes at the centre.
5. Changing the Agreement.
5.1. We can change the agreement at any time. We will give you 14 days’ notice of this change in writing at the address you have
6.1. You are entitled to use the facilities available for your category of membership package.
6.2. You may have to pay additional charges to use certain other facilities/activities at the Centre. You can get a list of these from our reception points. We can change these prices at any time.
6.3. Before using any exercise equipment you must read and sign the Health Commitment Statement/Pre Activity Questionnaire
and have a supervised induction session. We can refuse access to the centres facilities if we consider your health maybe adversely affected by the use of such facilities.
6.4. Centre’s may open/close earlier during public holiday periods. Facilities may also close for occasional special events. Notices
will be displayed in the centre in advance notifying customers of any changes. No refunds will be available for these periods.
6.5. We may change the centres opening times or withdraw any of the facilities at any time if we need them for events, tournaments, exhibitions or other special activities.
6.6. We may need to close a facility or part of it for repair/refurbishment on the grounds of health and safety or improving customer service. Fitness classes may also have to be cancelled due to unforeseen instructor unavailability. In the above circumstances, we will use our best endeavours to:
6.6.1. Give as much notice as is reasonably practicable by displaying notices in the centre.
6.6.2. Arrange for alternative facilities during a period of closure.
6.7. Your membership does not give you priority over other users or guarantee the availability of facilities.
6.8. Victoria Leisure Club management reserve the right to change the activity programme. Prior notice will be given in the centre relating to activity cancellations or the introduction of new sessions.
6.9. Promotions do not apply to existing members.
7. Membership Cards.
7.1. You must submit your membership card at respective reception points when accessing facilities; otherwise, we will charge you the standard casual rate.
7.2. All members must have their photograph taken for identification purposes; this will be stored on the Victoria Leisure Club database. This information will solely be used by Victoria Leisure Club and will not be released to any third parties.
7.3. If you lose your membership card/wellness key we will charge a fee to replace it.
8.1. If you are 16-17 (inclusive) your parent or guardian must sign this agreement on your behalf. By signing this agreement your parent or guardian agrees to be responsible for your behaviour and actions at all times and to pay us any amounts that are due on your behalf.
8.2. When you reach 18 your junior membership will end and you will automatically and immediately become a full adult member and sign a copy of this agreement.
9.0 Promotions/Gift cards, vouchers or passes.
9.1 Gift Vouchers/passes/cards can become obsolete by not being used in a timely period from issue as club management may define.
9.2 The March 2022 promotion 50 : 50 means, 50% paid in March (whilst stocks available), and 50% no later than July 12th 2022 on 12 month one payment deals. Failure to make the 2nd 50% payment automatically voids the membership at that point, including anytime previously paid for in advance by the first payment.
Previously, October 2021 promotion 50 : 50 means, 50% paid October, and 50% no later than February 12th 2022 on 12 month one payment deals. Failure to make the 2nd 50% payment automatically voids the membership at that point, including anytime previously paid for in advance by the first payment.
Member Rewards programme.
a. All stars and subsequent rewards can only be dispensed to the introducer if the membership product value has been received by Victoria Leisure, so ideally as the best value deals are ‘single payment’ memberships, we can credit these almost immediately. Direct Debit monthly payments can only be claimed when 12 months have been collected, but will be attributed to you at time of sign up.
b. A membership claimed for a Stars Rewards level, cannot be claimed on again. E.G. if any membership is repeated or converted into a larger membership. Therefore if 1 month, 3 months or 6 months is claimed, and the new members go on to buy a further term or longer term, this cannot be counted.
c. It is the responsibility of the introducer to ensure that reception has logged the ‘new membership names and product value’ against their name and membership number, and must be done no later than 4 weeks after they have commenced their membership. NB Victoria Leisure under Data protection will not divulge any new members specific spend value, but can confirm at any time what Star level bracket you are within, and what spend value will take you into the next bracket.
d. Rewards are subject to availability, and The Promoter ‘Victoria Leisure Club (Saltarch Trading Ltd) Terms and Conditions at its discretion.
e. The Promoter can amend the programme and mechanism should it feel necessary to do so, and in such an instance would write to all participants.
f. No cash values are included in this programme. Rewards and Gifts are as tangible goods, or credit on future spend of the introducing members next renewal at the specified credit value or less. The credit value cannot be used beyond 12 months of the reward claim, and would be lost.
g. Your Stars accrued will be reduced, or depleted in full when a Reward level is claimed.
h. The programme can be changed, altered or withdrawn by the promoter, with no obligation to reimburse part of full value of the previous scheme.
i. Unless you specify to us, we may recognise you internally at the club for promotional purposes for other members by newsletter or similar, as a successful ‘introducer’ of new members with our programme.
j. Rewards will be attributed only to the member who made the earliest referral registration of a named person(s).
K. We request that you get the permission of the person(s) you are referring to us so we may contact them regarding tours of the facilities if needed.
Summary:- By registering for Friend & Family Introductions, you have automatically acknowledged these terms and conditions and guidelines.
Why we're fit to look after your data at Victoria Leisure
Victoria Leisure is committed to protecting the privacy of data we maintain internally and solely for the purpose of identifying and improving our offering for valued members by logging all pre-requisite personal information for running a health and fitness facility.
In preparation for 25 May 2018, when the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be enforced, we would like to verify that you're happy to continue receiving contact from us, whether this be via telephone, letters, emails and even SMS text messages.
By giving your consent and providing your email address at the point of registration, you will continue to receive helpful club updates, membership promotions and event information.
If you decide that you don't want to receive any marketing content from Victoria any longer, please note that we may still be required to send you important emails in connection with your membership account and billing.
Your right to be left in peace...
We firmly respect your right to opt out of future communications from as Victoria Leisure.
So, if even as an existing member you would like your personal contact removed and would like to opt out from hearing from us, simply go to our contact form and leave us a quick message stating "No thanks" and we will deprecate any contact details you request from any outbound marketing and club updates.