Useful answers to some frequently asked questions!
1. Can non-members use the facilities or can I bring a guest?
To use our facilities we require a pre-book and pre-pay for your session. To do so please phone our reception on 01704 541220. Non-members under 16, must be accompanied in the pool by an adult.
Guests of Members:- Accompanying an existing member does not require pre-booking. The same fees as below are payable at reception. Guests can only be signed in by an adult 16+.
How we price our Day Passes and can refund back:-
1. No time limit, and no 'excluded' access times
Our Day Passes are not for a limited time session, and are for your relaxation and enjoyment.
2. We are not a Public Baths (no Govt' subsidies)
We are an independent members club with monthly, or upfront payments.
3. Comfortable & varied changing + showering options
Wider and more flexible than public baths, and surpasses our nearest competitors for choice of options.
4. We have a limit each week for the number of passes
We need to manage a comfortable environment for our members across the week. The pass can be refunded should you join, at the time of your initial payment. (keep your receipt for this)
Adult £15.00. Day Child £10.00 (3 -15 years) Day Infant £5.00 (up to 2 years)
Subject to availability & not refundable for non-attendance. You can take your time on your visit, and enjoy various changing room and shower options, including family changing rooms and the full use of our Hot Spa facilities for 16 year old +. (Steam room/Sauna/Hydro Spa/Heated Beds)
Please note we have a full shower policy for members and day guests, each time you enter the pools.
2. Children - can they come with me if they are not members?
Yes, there are 2 ways to do this. You can either bring children/juniors as guests to use the swimming facilities (see above)
Infants & Children that are 0-10 years
You can add them to your membership at a cost of £10 per month, or a one-off month at £15.
Juniors that are 11-15 years
You can add them to your membership at a cost of £20 per month, or a one-off month at £25.
***Have a look at our Family membership offers to see if these would be more suitable for your family needs.***
They may use the Learner & Family Pool facilities without time restrictions but must have a competent adult swimmer in the water with them.
They cannot use the Adult pool, Sauna, Steam Room or Heated beds at any time.
Gym use is not permitted for anyone under 16 years who is not a club member at any time (see gym use below)
3. How do I join?
Joining is easy. You can secure an offer and sign up online. https://www.victorialeisure.com/singlepaymentoffers - If you want to join by Direct Debit you can do this online also, or at reception and all we need is your account number and sort code and your first payment. If you are taking up single payment deals, we just require your payment online or at reception. Joining takes minutes and you can use the facilities with immediate effect.
4. When can children use the gym?
Children from 11 years old who are club members can use the Family Gym as long as they have an Induction with a member of staff first. Once the Induction has been done, the Junior member will be shown how to use the equipment safely, there is no time restriction on using this area of the gym.
Only children over 13 years can use the Main Gym facilities and this is restricted to Saturdays & Sundays only.
- Anyone under 16 years who is not a club member cannot use the gym facilities at any time.
- Children under 16 years can only use cardio equipment (no weights) when in the gym. This will be fully explained in the compulsory Junior Induction session.
- Children under 11 years cannot use the gym facilities at any time.
- Over 16 years are either full or student members and can, therefore, use any facilities at any time.
5. Is a Wellness/Fitness Induction session compulsory as it is at other gyms?
We do recommend that you have a completely free of charge ‘Health & Wellbeing’ session with one of our fully qualified members of staff but this is not compulsory. During this free session, the instructor will go through a medical questionnaire, check your blood pressure to ensure it’s safe to exercise & show you how to... or re-cap, on using the equipment safely & effectively. They will also give advice on which other club facilities would suit you to make your experience as enjoyable & beneficial as possible for you.
If you decide you don’t want this we require you to sign a disclaimer to say you will be exercising at your own risk.
There is no additional charge for H&W sessions with the gym staff and they can be booked through reception at a time to suit you, with free follow-up sessions to aid your progress!
6. Does Victoria Leisure offer swimming lessons?
For details regarding children’s swimming lessons please contact either Fiona on 07749 966547, or Charlotte on 07521 937554 call them directly to inquire about availability.
7. Can children swim without an adult present?
Children under 14 years must be supervised by a competent adult swimmer at all times in the swimming area; there are no restrictions on what times they can swim.
8. Do you offer personal training at Victoria Leisure?
We do offer personal training to current club members with qualified Personal Trainers. For more information/fee details on this, please contact directly. Matty Powell 07863 545688 or Susan Donnelly on 07815 509446 and e.mail email@example.com
9. Can I freeze/cancel my membership?
- If you pay upfront for your membership you may ‘freeze’ your membership for a minimum of 1 month to a maximum of 6 months within a twelve-month period. All-time owing will be added on to the end of your membership period.
You need to inform reception IN ADVANCE that you wish to ‘freeze’ your membership.
- If you pay Direct Debit for your membership you can freeze your membership by giving 10 days written notice. Your membership must be on hold for a minimum of 2 months and there will be a £5 monthly charge payable by direct debit. A freeze period can be requested by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All membership cancellations need to be put in writing by emailing us at email@example.com – if you pay monthly by direct debit then 30 days written notice is required as per the signed agreement, completed on joining.
A freeze or cancellation request by email will be replied to & confirmed by us within two working days of receipt.
Refunds on membership will not be given due to non-use. If you find you can no longer use a membership you have paid for you may transfer the time to another person by putting the new members' details in writing and forwarding them to us to update our system & allow them access.